At Bargain Storage, we want your self-storage experience to be easy, friendly and affordable. With that in mind, we know it’s not always easy to figure out what size self-storage unit you’ll need to rent. That’s why we’ve come up with our convenient self-storage sizing chart to help you size up your self-storage needs.
We’ve provided a visual key of what fits in each size unit we have available:
5′ x 5′ Storage Unit
- Comparison: Small walk-in closet
- What Fits: Small furniture, a few boxes and small miscellaneous items
- Comparison: Large walk-in closet
- What Fits: Couch, chair, bedroom set and small boxes
- Comparison: Small bedroom
- What Fits: Contents from a 1 bedroom home
- Comparison: Medium to Large bedroom
- What Fits: Contents from a 1-2 bedroom home – including boxes, etc.
- Comparison: 1 car garage
- What Fits: Contents from a 2 bedroom home – including boxes, etc.
Packing your self-storage unit can be a total nightmare or an organized beauty. Once you’ve picked the right size self-storage unit, you’ll want to organize your belongings with “easy access” in mind. We wrote a recent post all about packing and storing tips for self-storage units with the following advice:
With a little bit of forethought and planning ahead, a self-storage unit can be well organized and your stored belongings easily accessible.
The trick is to pack smart and store your belongings in an organized manner, so you don’t have to climb through a mountain of boxes or unload your entire unit to access your things. Stack your boxes along the wall from floor to ceiling with the heaviest boxes on the bottom to make a sturdy base. Create a clear path down the center of your unit, so you can easily access items stored in the back of your unit when needed.
If you’re still not sure what size storage unit to rent for your self-storage needs, our friendly managers are self-storage experts and are happy to assist you with any questions you may have. To get started today, simply find the location nearest you and give us a call.